20 Questions to Ask a Florist About Wedding Flowers
By Beth Angel Submitted On December 20, 2010
1. How long has the florist been doing wedding arrangements?
A florist should be willing and happy to share their number of weddings, years of experience and how they got started in floral design.
2. Does the florist have a signature style?
Some florists are well known for a particular style or type of floral design. Make sure their style is compatible with your wedding theme.
3. Does the florist have photographs or a portfolio?
This is an important question because you should be able to see the florist’s previous work from actual photographs, rather than from a stock catalog. A professional wedding florist will have a portfolio of custom work, and be proud to show it to you.
4. Has the florist ever worked with my ceremony and reception locations?
This is a great question because if the florist has worked there, he or she will have first hand knowledge of what works well and what doesn’t work. They may also have ideas concerning the location that you haven’t thought about.
5. How does the florist set their fees?
Some florists charge by the stem, by the arrangement or by the project. Seasonal blooms can also be more affordable than out of season exotic blooms. *See #15.
6. What can the florist do with your budget?
A good florist will offer multiple options for your budget, and suggest to them you for your wedding.
7. What is the cost per piece?
Bridal bouquet, bridesmaids’ bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, swags, potted plants, etc? Having individual figures for these pieces will give you a basis do to some comparison hopping.
8. Does the florist provide any extras?
Some florists may include candles, candle holders, the aisle runner and other related embellishments as part of their overall service. Others may charge extra for additional items and accessories.
9. What is the best timeline for making my flower arrangements?
You don’t want your flowers too early or too late. Find out the schedule from the florist to be sure it will be done on time and in full bloom.
10. Can you see samples of the florists work?
Some florists will give you a sample of your bouquet. This is a great feature and gives you a tangible example for planning your flowers in denton.
11. Does the florist charge a delivery fee?
Some florists charge for delivery and some don’t. And while a delivery fee may actually be small by comparison, this is good to know when it comes to figuring your overall flower budget. It could be a factor, if your florist is far away from the ceremony and reception locations.
12. When do you pick up rentals such as stands, vases, etc.?
Make sure this schedule fits in with your plans, or ask if the florist can deliver and set up these items.
13. Does the florist provide instructions on preserving the bridal bouquet?
This is important if you want to save your flowers.
14. Does the florist provide a tossing bouquet?
Is there an extra charge for this?
15. What tips can the florist offer to help you save money?
Are there local or seasonal flowers that will help reduce your overall wedding flower budget?
16. Does the florist require a deposit?
Most florists will probably require a deposit of 20% to 50% with the balance due a week or two before your wedding date. This is normal and will help you plan accordingly.
17. When do you need to have final numbers on attendants, reception tables, etc?
This will help you in planning your deadlines for getting the RSVPs in line.
18. How many weddings does the florist have booked on your weekend?
Some florists get very busy, especially during prime wedding months in denton and may have multiple weddings on one day. Ask if there will be any conflict with the preparations for your wedding? Ask for reassurance that the florist will be able to cover your wedding without any shortcuts or by being stretched too thin.
19. Will the florist set up the centerpieces and other floral decor?
Is there an extra charge for this? If you are going for a very elaborate floral theme in mckinney, it’s a good idea to hire a florist that provides this service, and has enough staff to handle it?
20. What ideas can the florist offer to make your wedding flowers unique?
This will give you an opportunity to see how creative and helpful the florist is.
Beth Angel is a Wedding Entertainment Specialist and owner of PartyProDJ LLC serving Connecticut and surrounding area. For a free, no obligation consultation and quote, please visit PartyProDJ.com or call 860.871.7515.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Beth_Angel/348401